Request for Proposals
Proposal Instructions & Application: the Tikkun Olam Women’s Foundation will distribute RFPs by invitation only for the 2016 – 2017 grant cycle.
The Tikkun Olam Women’s Foundation seeks to be an active and successful partner in our grantees’ work on behalf of women and girls. Before beginning your application, please review our website and our grant guidelines to understand TOWF’s definition of social change for women and girls. A one-year grant will run from July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017.
Please contact TOWF to answer any questions you have regarding the Foundation’s grant-making program at 301-348-7353 .
You must submit your Proposal electronically, via email to email@example.com.
The Foundation reviews applications by late January. Foundation trustees will request a site visit prior to making their final determinations regarding grant allocations.
COVER PAGE: Please include the information in the order indicated below.
- Organization’s name and contact information (mailing address, telephone, fax, and website).
- Organization’s federal tax-exempt number.
- Contact person’s name, title, telephone number, fax number, and e-mail address.
- Program name. Is it a new program? (yes or no/start date) or if it is a continuing program, provide the date the program began.
- Amount of funding request.
- Total program/project budget.
- Brief description of problem/need to be addressed and project goals (2-5 sentences)
- Total organization budget for current and prior fiscal year.
- Percentage of women on organization’s board of directors; staff; and on staff for this program.
- Signature of Executive Director and/or Board President.
Proposals should be 3-5 pages (normal margins, font size 12 point), and should include the following information, provided in the exact order outlined below, with appropriate headings. Please be sure to number all pages.
A. ORGANIZATIONAL OVERVIEW
- Briefly describe your organization’s mission, history, and current accomplishments, specifying demographics such as gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, race, and disability.
B. PROGRAM NARRATIVE
- Problem Statement: What needs or situation does your project address or seek to change, including target population?
- Project Description: Briefly provide a summary of the program, including goals, strategies and/or activities, including the project’s gender lens (i.e., how does the project target women/girls specifically?); a description of how the requested funds will be used, and the proposed timeline.
- How does the project/program reflect the Foundation’s social change mission? In which of the “4 Shifts of Social Change” does the project fall? Please explain your rationale for each shift; if the project falls in more than one, please list and discuss in priority order.
TARGETS, OUTCOMES, EVALUATION
- Briefly describe how you will measure the progress of your project. What evidence will show you achieved the outcomes you intended? What short-term objectives are achievable within the funding period of this project? Please clearly show the objectives that fit under each long-term goal. For renewed funding for the same project: How do your project’s goals build upon your work during the current grant year?
- Do you expect your project to have other community-wide or systemic impact? Briefly describe the role of the organizations/institutions you intend to collaborate or partner with in executing the program.
C. BUDGET AND FUNDING
- Is this project sustainable after the grant period ends? Please explain the diversification of your donor base, and you can assure institutional and project sustainability beyond this program year. For renewed funding for the same project: What funders other than TOWF intend to continue supporting this project? If changes are anticipated, either through loss of a current funder or addition of new funders, how will this impact the project?
- If TOWF were to provide only partial funding, how would this affect your objectives and outcomes for the project year?
- One-page project budget with projected expenses and revenue.
- Current annual operating budget.
- List of current funders $2500+ (foundations, corporations, government, donors) and amount of support from each.
- List of Board of Directors.