Please join the Tikkun Olam Women’s Foundation as we co-sponsor AWARE’s Premiere Community Event addressing teen dating violence on Sunday, February 26!
AWARE, the prevention initiative of Jewish Coalition Against Domestic Abuse, is hosting “Power Off Dating Abuse: a frank conversation for teens and parents” on teen dating abuse. Keynote speaker, author Patrick Jones, will share his perspective on teen dating abuse and abusive behaviors. Jones is the author of “Things Change,” an honest examination of unhealthy teen dating relationships.
Jones will be joined by two top experts on teen dating violence: Debbie Feinstein, Assistant State’s Attorney, who specializes in the prosecution of felony domestic violence and physical child abuse, and Julie Baron, a licensed clinical social worker with expertise in treating adolescents and their families and works with parents and teens on bullying and technology safety.
Attend and learn:
- The signs and red flags of an abusive relationship
- How you can help yourself or a friend who is caught in an unhealthy relationship
- Everything a parent should know about today’s teen dating relationships
- How to stay safe on the internet
Following the keynote speaker and experts, you will have the opportunity to participate in a series of follow-up workshops:
- Learn stress management strategies while making an AWARE stress ball
- Create a Gary Rosenthal Mezuzah representing “Shalom Bayit (Peace in the Home)” – $40/first mezuzah, $35 for each additional
CALLING ALL HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS: You can receive 2 hours of community service upon attending this event! Parents – we encourage you to share this with your teens.
Sunday, February 26, 2012
JCC of Greater Washington, 6125 Montrose Rd, Rockville, MD
2-3 p.m: Panel Discussion, 3-4 p.m: follow-up workshops
Cost: In advance: $8/family, or $4/teenager, at the door: $10/family, $5/teenager
Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 301-315-8040